Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 14 Sunday in Boise ID

It's Sunday afternoon, the internet is working good here at camp, so here's a little update on the day. First off, a few sprinklers went off last night by the tents. I had just about fallen asleep and heard people outside my tent and figured out pretty quick what was going on. Joanne T (NY) and Hans V (Surrey BC) got soaked. Not fun.

We had church in a park a couple of miles from here. We all rode our bikes there. (how else?) It was hosted by Valley Community Church and they put on a bbq lunch afterwards. Jason and Wil Krul from Chilliwack were there as they are training for their Mission Aviation position close to Boise. They will soon be off to Haiti in Sept once their training is done. Jason is a pilot and Wil was recently our office receptionist. It was good to see them.

After lunch a little reading, then watched a Legion baseball game at the school diamond. These are HS aged kids, but it was a 7-0 game so..... I'll do a little reading before supper yet (maybe) btw, that's Fred M you see relaxing at the game

Fred E, good tip about the map. We have a map in our gear truck which gets updated with black felt at the end of the day. It would seem we have little to show distance wise for 2 weeks, however much community building has been done. This coming week the distance bar will be raised.

Again it's a very hot day, most people are in the shade, reading or computering. A good day of rest.

ps, funny thing about Idaho. No laws for motorcycle helmets, and riding in the back of a pick up truck is OK too. Giddyup.

4 Comments:

At July 13, 2008 at 3:54 PM , Blogger john & esther said...

good to hear you are safe - oma and opa are here for lunch and a swim and Ma is so excited to sit and read your blog. Starting next Sat. they are house-sitting for us, and so she's getting John to show her how to use the computer. Not sure he is patient enough though for his ma.
Take care, talking lots about ya and praying. Every time we see a biker on the road, we all say "hey Uncle Randall took a wrong turn!". De Wolde humour...we think we are funny.

e & j

 
At July 13, 2008 at 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hon, just sitting by the computer and reading all the blogs. It sounds like everyone is thankful for their day of rest. Barb M even wrote on her blog about your little fall (which didn't count). Some of the blogs have great pics. The sky looks so blue, it reminds me of the okanogan. They showed some of your pics on the powerpoint prior to the service this am. it was great to see. I am so proud (maybe not the right word)of you for doing this. Elly, Alma and I biked to thousand trails this afternoon and I was cookin. I wanted to stop and take a dip in the lake, but Elly with her "cadilac" was so far ahead she couldn't hear me call out to turn at Maple Bay, so I had to settle for a dip in the pool. At one point Elly passed me and said stay behind me and I will draft you (you would think we were professional bikers with lingo like that), well I discovered drafting only works when you can actually keep the same pace as the person in front, so I was good for about 1km then I could barely see her in my sights (I think she was thinking I was behind her the whole way). Anyhow we made it and it was a great ride, I might need to cash my bike in for a road bike so I can keep up with El. All with all it was a good ride maybe next time we will do Harrison. Take care, hope your ride goes well tomorrow. Love you :-)

 
At July 14, 2008 at 1:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Randy,
Thanks for the daily update. It is interesting reading and gives us a good idea as to what it is like. We pray that all goes well and that you enjoy God's creation along the way.
Wim and Sylvia

 
At July 14, 2008 at 9:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Batman,

Good to hear from you and we are all glad everything is going well. I think poor Shell is missing you though. Even shopping doesn't cut it anymore. She's taken to watching old T.V. movies with that mangy neighborhood cat. How sad....and I always looked up to her ;-). So put a little more power into that pedal and hurry up home!

I was thinkin, seeing as how Fred does good on downhill and your speed is up, why don't you attach a big bungee cord between the two of you. You'd be home in no time!

Thank Fred for posting the picts we enjoy so much on his blog. But he might want to include term explanations for those of us who don't know the biker lingo. For eg: what is bag balm?

SD the sil

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home