Sunday in Vernon
Today is relax and recuperation day. We had breakfast at 8 am, served by our volunteers. Pancakes, bacon, breakfast sausage. Then we could shuttle to the Vernon CRC for their 10 am service. As it's summer, the crowd they said would be a little thinner, so they were happy to have us there. We filled the place to capacity and heard a good message on Fighting for your Joy (Galatians 4). We belted out 10,000 Reasons but even louder was When Peace Like a River was sung. I saw a few people wipe a tear or two away. It's quite something to sing a song like that as a part of this travelling and bonding community that is so supportive of each other. Next Sunday the Sea to Sea choir should be at some church in Calgary.
After church a guy came up to me and said I looked familiar. It was Pastor Leon who served at Agassiz from 2007-10 who was in the area.
I need to pick up a couple of things and then head back to camp. Another cooker. I bought Pastor Peter Slofstra's book he wrote documenting the first Sea to Sea trip across Canada in 2005. Find a spot in the shade and read until I drift off........
Tomorrow, on the road to Salmon Arm. Have a good day y'all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home